Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Revisions

I met with Debbie, and yes, for the next week, I am not to have any carbs at all - no rice, no potato, no sweet potato, no winter squash, no fruit. Hm, I guess that means no blueberries in my morning protein shake either. We're going to see how it goes.

No carbs and I am traveling! Yikes! But I can do it. I know I can. In a way, it's easier to just say no to anything that isn't salad, vegetables, or protein. I can still have my protein shake with coconut milk that fills me up so well. I can still have egg. I can still have all the salad I want. I can still have my two ounces of protein with lunch and three to four with dinner, and that leaves a variety of options; free range chicken, fish, organic beef, egg, almonds, yogurt.

She explained to me that it has to do with an insulin resistance in my body, and this is what will break it - or at least it should. So, if I can break through this resistance, I am well on my way. I am naturally stubborn, so I would imagine my body tends to be too!

Heh, and that has to do with mindset. We talked about that today too. She told me I am doing great on the diet and she is really proud of me. I've done everything perfectly (well, except exercise). So, she wants me to add a few affirmations that I say a lot every day.

One is: Every day in every way, I am getting better and better. (One I learned over 35 years ago from Silva Mind Control)

Another is: I am in the process of lowering my blood sugar to be 110 every day.

And the third one is from Louise Hay: This moment is filled with joy. I choose to experience the sweetness of today. All is well!

I really do need to get better control of my mindset. I know that when I am thinking right, all things are possible.

Speaking of thinking right, I have been visualizing my weight to be under 200 pounds, and today, I achieved it! 199.2 for a total of 20.8 pounds lost since the beginning of November. Woo hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment