Friday, February 4, 2011

Hamburger Soup

I had no idea what to expect when I made this soup. I just knew I wanted something different from the foods I have been eating for dinner each night - usually steamed vegetables and some sort of protein; chicken, turkey burger, salmon.

I followed the recipe exactly. The pound of ground beef was grass-fed, organic, free range 85/15 beef - more fat than I usually eat, but I felt that the organic, grass-fed part was more important than the fat content.

I let the soup simmer for an hour, enjoying all of the wonderful aromas wafting around my kitchen. When it was done, I filled my bowl, and upon first taste, I was in love - the soup was hardy, flavorful, and filling. Yum, yum, yum!

Here is the recipe from Debbie:

1 pound free range hamburger
1/3 cup olive oil
5 cloves garlic
1 cup cauliflower florets
1 cup chopped onions
1 cup chopped yellow squash
3 cups free range chicken broth
1 T paprika
2 tsp turmeric
1 tsp Celtic or mineral salt
1/2 cup Thai Coconut Milk (canned)
1 T finely chopped parsley (fresh)

In large pot, stir-fry the hamburger, olive oil, onions, squash, and cauliflower on low heat to slowly cook the beef. Add rest of ingredients and simmer over low heat for 1 hour. You can also make this in a crock pot and simmer on low for several hours. Can also double this recipe and add other vegetables that are tolerated.


Thank you, Debbie. This was SOOO delicious and enjoyable!


No comments:

Post a Comment