Wednesday, February 23, 2011

The ease of travel

I was away from Thursday morning through Tuesday morning. I brought a lot of the food I was to eat for the weekend, and honestly, it was really nice to have it! It wasn't too much work to prepare meals for the day and take them with me, and it was very handy to have food available when I was hungry. AND it was a lot less expensive!

I did get creative. I cooked things overnight in a crockpot so they would be ready for the day ahead. I already had a lot of things prepared, so it was just a matter of throwing them into a salad or putting something in a plastic bag to bring. Mostly, though, I lived on almonds as my in between meal snacks, and they did a great job of assuaging hunger.

The biggest challenge is that my days were very long. We usually left for the event by 9 am, which meant arising around 7 am, and we often didn't get home after the day until between 2-3 am. Needless to say, I didn't get much sleep, and had to adjust and eat 7 small meals per day, rather than 6.

I did NOT succumb to the snack food and alcoholic beverages all around me at this event, and believe me, there was plenty. Well, except for a shot of scotch one night and the absinthe tasting on the final night. How could I resist the absinthe tasting? I walked more than usual, took stairs more than usual, and all in all, did a great job of making up for it.

I still managed to lose another pound while away. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment