Tuesday, March 1, 2011

New Month, New Additions to the Program

I met with Debbie today and she added a few things to the program.

The first thing she added is an old friend of mine - psyllium, with some additional ingredients known to lower blood sugar. She wants me to take it twice a day. Ah, I am already doing so much fiber. But I know she knows best, so I will do it. I have friends who do psyllium every single night - and not just one or two teaspoons either. The stuff works! So, psyllium, we meet again, albeit in a different form :)

The next thing she added is a green drink - but not just one of those powdered green drinks from a can. This is made of actual greens, chopped up in the blender with some organic vegetable broth and a few other things. I need to drink it twice a day! How the heck am I going to get to do that? I haven't figured that one out yet logistically. Often, I leave my house at 10 in the morning and not home again until 8 at night. Perhaps those are the two times - just before leaving, and just coming home. I'm sure I will figure it out.

The third thing she added is exercise! I AM going to exercise! I actually took action and bought my partner a one month membership at my gym so we can go together - just to get me into the habit of going again. He actually has been quite supportive about taking walks with me every few days also. I know that once I get into going to the gym again, I will continue to do so. I just have to break through this barrier and start going. It will help if I have someone's hand to hold as I start out.

She has also ordered me some new supplements that should also help with lowering my blood sugar levels. I know that combining these new supplements along with the new additions above and exercise will do the trick.

Oh, and I lost another two pounds - total weight lost since Nov. 1st is 25 pounds! And people are starting to notice! I love that. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment