Thursday, March 3, 2011

The Gym!

Yes, I did it! I went to the gym! It's been so long since I have darkened those doors that I didn't know that they don't swipe membership cards anymore. They have some kind of finger-scanner set up. I'm sure it works on some sort of energy that probably produces low levels of radiation, but I am thinking it's probably no worse than my wireless mouse. So, I registered to use their handy finger-scanner in the future. Avery, however, would rather use his license than put his finger in that thing. Ah, how times change.

Yes, I brought Avery with me. I bought him a one-month membership with a Groupon special so that I would have moral support to go, until I re-develop the habit. It's very nice to have company! It also felt just fine to be back at the gym. What fears had I built up in my mind that kept me away? I honestly have no conscious idea!

At the gym, I did 20 minutes on the stationary bike. There were two kinds. I did 10 minutes on each kind, so I could try them both. Then I did about 20 minutes of strength training on various machines, working arms, legs, and abs. That felt like enough so we left.

When I got home, I felt weak and hungry. I took a shower, and then made that new veggie drink which hit the spot.

I'll bet I will feel these muscles tomorrow! In the meantime, though, I am staying uber-hydrated today!

No comments:

Post a Comment