Monday, March 7, 2011

Exercise Makes a Difference!

I was away at a three-day seminar this past weekend, and although I prepared my own lunch each day, and stayed within the parameters of the diet, I found that I had one more snack per day, usually of nuts. That's all that really changed from my normal routine. And what happened?

I gained 2 pounds back! Who would think that one more snack per day for three days would have that effect?

Well, I realize it was something more than that. Most of the seminar took place in chairs. We didn't have much chance to move around - not even as much as my usual walking and moving within a typical day. There was some dancing, which I took advantage of, but I was acutely aware that my body is used to eating like this now, and the next step is to ramp up the exercise.

Good thing I went to the gym the other day, breaking that stigma. I have every intention of going this week at least three times if not more.

Exercise really does make a difference!

No comments:

Post a Comment