Monday, January 17, 2011

Seeing results!

January 17, 2011

On Saturday, I woke up and my blood sugar was down to 155. Still high, but the lowest it has been in a couple of months. Could it have been the low fat plain yogurt I had last night with cinnamon, turmeric, and ginger in it? I also had some blueberries in it.

Yesterday I weighed myself and I was down to 205. When I first started this journey in November, I was up to 220. That means I have lost 15 pounds in two months! I know that some of it is the Eleotin Tea I have been drinking on my own. And some of it is that I started to get scared when my blood sugar was so high, so I adjusted some of my eating. I also stopped drinking alcoholic beverages.

However, I am not really sure HOW to eat anymore, which is why I am glad to be working with Debbie. I have been doing a sort of modified vegan diet; very little protein, very little carbs, mostly vegetables and fruit. I'm not hungry, but I also don't feel as though I am eating correctly.

Debbie had told me a month ago about the yogurt and spices. I've been doing it off and on since then.

At some point, I will go more into the history that got me here, and the decision to change it.

No comments:

Post a Comment