Friday, May 20, 2011

Camping Food

Last weekend, Avery and I went camping. It was wonderful.

We have this great tent that we bought about 5 years ago. It's tall enough to stand up in, and it's an easy pop-up tent, so we can get it up in about 5 minutes, even in the dark.  We also have a great double high queen size air mattress that I swear is more comfortable than my bed! We zip up two sleeping bags and bring pillows from home, and we are as comfy as can be.

For this camping trip, I bought food that was on my nutrition plan for the most part, so we ate healthily all weekend. OK, I splurged a bit. I bought some turkey bacon which isn't on my plan, but it was nitrite and nitrate free, from free-range birds, no hormones, etc. In other words, pretty healthy stuff.

Here's the breakfast I made for myself last Sunday:


And I usually don't eat potato, but I had cooked some in the coals the night before so couldn't resist some homemade hash browns cooked in butter. That cheese is raw organic cheese. The eggs are organic eggs. I made organic coffee in a french press using Kangen water.

So, even though I was camping, I still ate very well!

I did have an incident due to pushing my nutritional limits. I drank some wine on Saturday night, and I forgot to take my meds. Even though the meds are decreased by almost half, it's still important that I take them. On Sunday morning, my blood sugar tested over 200 again. Yikes! It took me two more days to get it normalized again! Wine isn't a good idea at this time.

When I came home, I had gained almost 2 pounds! That's even with walking and hiking! But it's gone now. Still at 37 pounds released and holding.




No comments:

Post a Comment