Saturday, April 2, 2011

The big 3-0

As of yesterday, April 1st, I have released a total of 30 pounds since November 1st. That is GREAT! I still want to release at least 20 more, to get back to my Weight Watchers' goal from 2007. And, if I am totally honest, I'd like to lose 20-30 more after that. I'm not looking to get back to 120, but 140-150 would be SWEET.

I got many compliments today about looking thinner. Boy, does that feel good!

Thanks to adjusting my meds slightly and drinking Kangen water, my blood sugar is much more under control. That feels great too. It's been a long and scary road for the past six months. As soon as I know I have been stable for 30 days, I'll go get another A1C done. I am pretty sure my numbers will look pretty good, on the whole. Eating really well and exercising pretty regularly have to have made a difference. I know I FEEL a lot better.

I like how I am eating, for the most part. Sometimes it feels very limited - sometimes I crave some sort of treat. But I love my results more than the temporary satisfaction of eating something that is empty of nutrition, and ultimately poisonously harmful to me.

I allow myself two "treats." First, I have been drinking more coffee - and thus drinking even MORE water due to dehydration issues. I've been buying organic coffee and organic cream to have in the coffee. With a couple of drops of stevia, it's a real treat. Even just one cup makes my day.

My other treat is plain yogurt mixed with stevia, cinnamon, protein powder, and sometimes flax seed. It's yummy. It's my dessert. I don't have it every day. I have it when I am really craving a treat. It works.

This morning, I even allowed myself some berries in my protein shake. It was SOOO good.

When you limit what you eat, it's amazing how much you appreciate EVERYTHING you eat!

I am very happy to be finally getting healthier, and it's being reflected in my weight release. Yay 30!

No comments:

Post a Comment