Sunday, December 18, 2011

Mmm. Chocolate!

I made that chocolate.

Funny story. My intention was to make a bunch and to cut it in little squares, put it in little boxes, and give it out to friends and family, including shipping it all over the country - New England, Florida, Northern California.

I had put together the prototype - wrapped the chocolate squares in plastic wrap, and placed them on colored tissue paper in the box, put the lid on, and left it on the kitchen table. I realized I wanted to get some of those mini cupcake liners to put the chocolate in, and stopped to get that the next day.

I got home and went to re-do the chocolate squares I had already boxed up. What I found was a mess of melted chocolate, luckily wrapped in plastic. Oops!

I quickly realized that I wouldn't be able to ship it across the country, and came up with a plan B.

Since it is still before the Holidays, I'm not going to write about my new solution yet, as some of the recipients may be reading this.

Suffice it to say that plan B seems to work just fine and all shipments have gone out, and should be arriving by Friday or Saturday at their various locations.

In the meantime, we had a whole tray full of this most delicious chocolate.... You notice I said HAD, didn't you? Both Avery and I LOVE LOVE LOVE this stuff! I like it better than regular chocolate, and the added benefit is that it's HEALTHY!

I have discovered, however, that "healthy" doesn't mean it's okay to eat a ton of it. It's loaded with fat - even if it is good fat. A small piece or two a day is plenty.

I'll probably make another tray of it later this week.

2 comments:

  1. Too funny Linda!!! I should have told you that you can't leave that stuff out :) If you make it with cocoa butter in witht the coconut oil it will stay much firmer :) It never hurts to try out your own wares!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cocoa butter.... I'll have to buy some, and try it out. Do you mix it half and half?

    ReplyDelete