Sunday, October 16, 2011

Stress and Exercise

It's been a month since the last post. I have noticed that when my stress level is up, my blood sugar also goes up, no matter how true I am to the nutritional plan. Do you know what that means? It means I need to do more to decrease my stress levels.

I am currently working through The Living Well Plan: 30 Days to Health, Wealth, and Happiness (http://livingwellplan.com), and there is a whole module on Stress that I am finding QUITE helpful. Just in the past four or five days, I have been able to lower my fasting blood sugar almost 40 points just by using some of these techniques.

It's true that I haven't been exercising as vigilantly either, since it's gotten a bit too cold to swim in the pool any more this year. I could swim at the gym, but I really don't like all of the chlorine they use, even though I understand that it is necessary.

Through the Living Well Plan, Debbie included an article on some great exercises I can do at home with relative ease, so I am going to start carving out time to do them. I know that exercise helps so much in keeping me healthy. I also know that regular exercise will help with stress levels, so it's a win/win!

No comments:

Post a Comment